twitter




Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Why does my car have trouble the first time I try starting it?

My 1998 Pontiac Sunfire seems to have trouble starting. After not being used for about 24 hours, the car has trouble when I turn the key to start the engine. It will start perfectly the second time, but the noises it makes in the first attempt don't fill me with confidence. I'd really rather not have to take it to a mechanic as I'm a bit short on funds right now, but would be willing to try anything on my own. My car has only been doing this for about a week or two, but I don't drive it very often.
Why does my car have trouble the first time I try starting it?
sounds like its not holding pressure. check the gas cap, gas filter and run a test on the fuel pump for pressure and voluum.
Why does my car have trouble the first time I try starting it?
If the terrible noise is a screeching grinding sound, your starter bendix is failing, or your starter mounting bolts are loose, and you are destroying your flywheel. Flywheels are very expensive to have replaced, most of the cost would be the labor though.

Genealogy

No comments:

Post a Comment