twitter




Wednesday, March 17, 2010

1990 subaru legacy 2.2 4wd overheats?

This is after a head gasket job. No coolant leaks, but engine overheats in under ten minutes on a cool day.





I have read suggestions to bleed the coolant system-how do I do that (i see a cap on driver's side coolant hose--do I just take that off to release pressure--do I do this while the engine is running?).





Also, I am not sure if the thermostat is in backwards (but I copied the picture in the Haynes manual).





One of the two rad fans doesn't work. Is having only one rad fan enough to cause the overheating?





Finally, how do you tell of the water pump is working properly--I wouldn't want to do a big job if this wasn't the problem.
1990 subaru legacy 2.2 4wd overheats?
I am sorry ,the guy that is your mechanic is a moron ,it has never been the head gasket look for a new mechanic,


tell him to look for thermo sensor ,themostat,fans speeds ,radiator cap, and coolant reservoir system .
1990 subaru legacy 2.2 4wd overheats?
NEVER replace any part till you KNOW the problem. Stop all this guess work and take your car to a RADIATOR SHOP, not an auto repair, and get the radiator cleaned.


No comments:

Post a Comment