twitter




Friday, March 12, 2010

My 1993 Saturn SC2 recently died?

The battery light came on first. However everything was fine for two days. Then the anti-lock brake light would go on and off as i was driving. The next day i was able to start the car twice without any trouble, however on the third try after several hours, the car would not start. I jumped the car and it started however the headlights were very dim and the custom stereo would not work. I put the car in reverse and the rpm's went almost to zero. Finally the car stalled when i shifted it into drive. The battery in the car was replaced not even three months ago. I have a theory that it is the alternator however if anyone more car smart has an opinion i would like to hear it.
My 1993 Saturn SC2 recently died?
sounds like the alternator, but also have the battery recharged and checked. with the failing alternator it could have put too much stress on the battery effectively shortening the life of it as well.
My 1993 Saturn SC2 recently died?
alternator needs to be replaced. battery voltage should be around 14 volts dc with the engine running


No comments:

Post a Comment