twitter




Friday, March 12, 2010

How much damage would it take to damage a Sunfire's passenger wheel beyond repair? I hit a curb...?

It was a fairly good sized curb. I hit it at an angle probably doing like 15-20 mph, the passenger wheel went up first...the tire blew, and the rim is bent...i also dented and put a hole in my tranny pan, i can't drive it to a repair shop and my dad keeps jackin' around sayin he doesn't know if it's fixable or not...anyone have any idea how bad things may be...HELP ME!!! I've heard people say that I may have messed up the wheel housing, or the unibody, or subframe, or something. HELP I NEED ANSWERS!! I need to know if i need to try and repair it, or start savin' for a new car...I really like this car so I would really like to try and fix it if possible!!
How much damage would it take to damage a Sunfire's passenger wheel beyond repair? I hit a curb...?
Are you serious? Tow it to a shop and have it inspected, nobody can answer how bad the underside of your car is without seeing it and being a professional in automotive.
How much damage would it take to damage a Sunfire's passenger wheel beyond repair? I hit a curb...?
Get a professional inspection and repair estimate. This is way outside the DIY arena. There are safety issues involved which only a professional shop can judge.
Reply:I damage on the rim may be straighten or replaced no big deal salvage yard may have one (Cheap) the transmission pan is the question? if the transmisson does not shift correctly or if the pan is leaking. if the pan gasket is leaking and the transmission shift ok then just get a trnsmission pan from a salvage yard and buy a new trans pan gasket. I would recommend to try to fix first before junk the car. the most you would spent will be between 250.00 -350.00


No comments:

Post a Comment