twitter




Sunday, March 14, 2010

I have a 91 acura legend with an issue....?

I recently changed the spark plugs and did a compression test, the 3 drivers side valves are testing at 130, 180, and 160. Should be no lower then 200. The pasenger 3 are testing 200, 180, 210, but those had oil on the old spark plugs. i had no oil to test the 3 that were low but i suspect that the problem is just the rings and not the valve itself. Does anyone know if i have to take out the motor to replace the rings or if i can get to them with the motor still in place? I'm a do it myself type person and any shop will chop my face off with labor to do it. The motor is strong and runs good it's just getting like 12 mpg on PREMIUM!! ouch. Is it most likely from the engine loosing compression?
I have a 91 acura legend with an issue....?
I do not think is the rings,I incline more on the valve's seats. and the stem seals.


specialy on the cylinder that is making 130 psi.





beside there is too much difference in pounds among the cylinder.(rocker arms calibration?)


No comments:

Post a Comment