twitter




Sunday, March 14, 2010

I have a 289 v8. would it make much difference if i bored it 30 over.. and just kepped everything stock..?

you arent going to notice a difference with just doing a .030 overbore and leave the rest stock. it will be like a fresh stock 289
I have a 289 v8. would it make much difference if i bored it 30 over.. and just kepped everything stock..?
if everything is kept stock you will notice a bit of an improvement


mainly because it is rebuilt, everything is new and not worn down and sealing properly...


as far as from the extra size ... not that you will notice
I have a 289 v8. would it make much difference if i bored it 30 over.. and just kepped everything stock..?
If you are going to bore the engine, Why stop at .030? I do not mean to offend you by that, but if you wanted to feel the difference, then bore it out, so you have that part done, and you can move on to other mods, if you wish to make mods. If you do not wish to make mods, then I would just go with what you have. If you just want something to drive, I would use what you have, so you do not have to make any other changes. There is nothing wrong with .030 (my car is .030 because thats what the engine was when we got it.) but if you want performance, just as well go all the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment