twitter




Friday, November 6, 2009

I have a 289 v8 4 barrel carb, what was the original carb it came with. wht carb would u reccomend .?

Might help if you mentioned the make, model and year of the car...
I have a 289 v8 4 barrel carb, what was the original carb it came with. wht carb would u reccomend .?
I'm not sure what carb it came with, but I bet a 600 cfm carb would work just fine if it's stock or modified. Probably try to get a Holley carb, because I heard that they're better than Edelbrocks.
I have a 289 v8 4 barrel carb, what was the original carb it came with. wht carb would u reccomend .?
more than likely it would of came out new with a 2 barrel holley
Reply:It is most likely it came with a motorcraft. As far as 2 or 4 barrel, that's a toss up. If it is a high performance 289 it would have had a 4 barrel, in the 600 cfm range. I owned a 65 mustang with a high performance 289 and modified a carter afb rated at 1000 cfm.


No comments:

Post a Comment