twitter




Friday, November 6, 2009

How do I get the rotors of my 4x4 85 Ranger off safely without messing up my gearing?

I have an 85 Ford Ranger 4x4 and I need to replace the front rotors. The rotors have built-on bolts ( no, their not the rotors that you slide onto the tire bolts)...it looks like they have a 4 lug center bolt that holds them on, but I don't know the name of the tool. The truck has manual-lockers on the front tires for four wheel drive. Any help, thanks...
How do I get the rotors of my 4x4 85 Ranger off safely without messing up my gearing?
In addition to needing a special tool to perform this repair, the pieces and parts you have to remove in order to complete the repair can be quite intimidating. This is one repair I do not recommend you attempt yourself. Installed incorrectly, you could end up costing yourself a lot of money. If you insist on doing this repair, I would highly suggest you buy an aftermarket service manual (Mitchell, Chilton, etc.) that has photos of the procedures you will need to follow and detailed directions.
How do I get the rotors of my 4x4 85 Ranger off safely without messing up my gearing?
you can use a chisel and hammer if you don't have the tool. first remove the lockers.


No comments:

Post a Comment