twitter




Sunday, October 11, 2009

Toyota Sienna LE 2000, 128k miles, "ABS"/Engine light are on - NO ABS "WOOM" SOUND on startup anymore! :-S

I have 2000 Toyota Sienna LE. It has about 128k miles, but I've always kept on top of all the maintenance. When I started it, I would always hear a wooom right before or after ignition (depending on how long I left the engine on before firing). I assume this is the ABS system kicking in. However, today I tried to start up, and it failed. The "check engine" and "ABS" lights came on. I figured it was an anomaly, so I fired again. It did start, but the "check engine" and "ABS" lights remain on. I do *NOT* hear that wooom ABS sound.





The van is drivable; I had to move it between parking lots. However - and it could just be paranoia - it seems like it has lost some oomph; usually the gas pedal is really sensitive, but today it was not. Also, it could have been because I didn't drive it around long enough, but the temp gauge never moved from it's dead below-zero point.





Is it safe to drive? Should I pick up a code reader? Take it into the dealer?





Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment