twitter




Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Can i run my vw polo on 90% vegetable oil and 10% white spirit ?

I have a 'P' reg vw polo classic (diesel) 1.9, i have read that its possible to use a combination of vegetable oil and white spirit (to thin the oil) as a complete replacement for diesel without having to make any modifications to the fuel systems including the fuel filter, is this possible for my make/model of car ?





Also im aware that bosh fuel pumps are preferable for vegetable oil use in diesels, does any one know whether my car has a bosh pump ?





Thanks in advance for all your help !!!
Can i run my vw polo on 90% vegetable oil and 10% white spirit ?
Yep, it will run, let's hope the V.A.T. man does not catch you, v. heavy fines and imprisonment.Tax and duty evasion.
Can i run my vw polo on 90% vegetable oil and 10% white spirit ?
Well as far as I know, you could run your diesel on straight used vegetable oil alone, albeit you have to filter the crud out of it first. No modifications really need to be made, maybe new fuel injectors. As far as the bosh pump goes, I'd recommend you ask a mechanic about that.
Reply:Its possible to run it on that mix but you need to leave the oil and white spirit for a few weeks mixed. Do a search on the net lots of info their. I use a half in half mix of diesel and pure veg oil.Never had a problem.best of luck


No comments:

Post a Comment